The Mental Health Empowerment Project (MHEP) expands MHAI’s public education efforts and connects the community with learning and networking opportunities, including the availability of Continuing Education Units (CEUs) . The goal of MHEP is to provide mental health providers with the most up-to-date information and tools to successfully treat their clients, as well as to empower consumers to live successful and productive lives.
The MHEP provides specialized training for professionals to empower clients with mental illnesses in their efforts to quit smoking, such as:
- Training mental health professionals in implementing the widely recognized Courage to Quit® program within its current practice. Click here to see what participants are saying about MHAI’s Courage to Quit® training!
- Aims to reduce tobacco-related illnesses and deaths in persons with mental illnesses through comprehensive education and tools for professionals who treat and work with them.
- Social Service Providers
- Mental Health Providers – Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Psychiatrists, Nurses, Case Managers
- Other healthcare providers
- Consumers of mental health services
- Parents and other caregivers
- Best practices from experts in the field on a variety of specialty topics
- An opportunity to network with other colleagues and share experiences
- Continuing education units (CEUs) on a wide range of current topics in the mental health field
Are you a mental health, healthcare or school professional interested in sharing your expertise with other local professionals? MHAI’s Mental Health Empowerment Project continuously seeks new presenters willing to provide a 1-2 hour presentation on health-related topics. Contact Caryn Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!