The Mental Health Empowerment Project (MHEP) expands MHAI’s public education efforts and connects the community with learning and networking opportunities, including the availability of CEUs . The goal of MHEP is to provide mental health providers with the most up-to-date information and tools to successfully treat their clients, as well as to empower consumers to live successful and productive lives.
Upcoming Mental Health Empowerment Project Seminars:
The MHEP is a series of educational presentations and trainings throughout the Chicagoland area. Presentation topics range from addictions to smoking cessation, bullying to social emotional literacy, and other current mental health topics.
The MHEP provides specialized training for professionals to empower clients with mental illnesses in their efforts to quit smoking, such as:
- Training mental health professionals in implementing the widely recognized Courage to Quit® program within its current practice. Click here to see what participants are saying about MHAI’s Courage to Quit® training!
- Aims to reduce tobacco-related illnesses and deaths in persons with mental illnesses through comprehensive education and tools for professionals who treat and work with them.
- Social Service Providers
- Mental Health Providers – Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Psychiatrists, Nurses, Case Managers
- Other healthcare providers
- Consumers of mental health services
- Parents and other caregivers
- Best practices from experts in the field on a variety of specialty topics
- An opportunity to network with other colleagues and share experiences
- Continuing education units (CEUs) on a wide range of current topics in the mental health field
Are you a mental health, healthcare or school professional interested in sharing your expertise with other local professionals? MHAI’s Mental Health Empowerment Project continuously seeks new presenters willing to provide a 1-2 hour presentation on health-related topics. Contact Katie Mason, Program Director of Public Education, at 312-368-9070 x322 or at email@example.com to find out more!
Interested in bringing a Courage to Quit® Program Leader training to your facility? Contact Katie Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!